Making strong Christians to serve God throughout the world
Equip Church International (formerly South West Christian Church) is a vibrant faith-filled church with a great love for people. South West is diverse, multicultural and caters broadly for all generations. Our weekly services feature vibrant worship, solid biblical teaching and a strong sense of God’s presence.
The core of Equip Church International is our many connect groups which are small gatherings of people meeting all over our community. Connect Groups strengthen your faith and are a great opportunity to build genuine friendships and support networks.
Other events and meetings are also held throughout the week to help you connect with Jesus Christ and others and to equip you to fulfil your full potential and purpose.
Our Mission is Making STRONG Christians to serve God throughout the world. This reflects our passion for the Great Commission, our function as a church with an apostolic mandate and our purpose in every believer growing and serving in the body of Christ.
Our Vision extends from our mission around the word STRONG and reflects the type of Christians that we hope to see grow at Equip Church. It states that we are:
- Spirit Led
- Others Focused
- Nourished by the Word
Equip Church International is a Pentecostal Church and is part of the Australians Christian Churches. We are committed to bringing other people to a relationship with Jesus Christ (Matt 28:18-20) and seek to display the fruit of the Spirit in our lives (Gal 5:22-23). We believe in the power and the gifts of the Holy Spirit and have a commitment to fulfilling our destiny in God. Our doctrinal statement is outlined below:
- We believe that the Bible is God’s Word. It is accurate, authoritative and applicable to our everyday lives.
- We believe in one eternal God who is the Creator of all things. He exists in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. He is totally loving and completely holy.
- We believe that sin has separated each of us from God and His purpose for our lives.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ as both God and man is the only One who can reconcile us to God. He lived a sinless and exemplary life, died on the cross in our place, and rose again to prove His victory and empower us for life.
- We believe that in order to receive forgiveness and the ‘new birth’ we must repent of our sins, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and submit to His will for our lives.
- We believe that in order to live the holy and fruitful lives that God intends for us, we need to be baptised in water and be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit enables us to use spiritual gifts, including speaking in tongues which is the initial evidence of baptism in the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God has individually equipped us so that we can successfully achieve His purpose for our lives which is to worship God, fulfil our role in the Church and serve the community in which we live.
- We believe that God wants to heal and transform us so that we can live healthy and prosperous lives in order to help others more effectively.
- We believe that our eternal destination of either Heaven or hell is determined by our response to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is coming back again as He promised.